刘 平 平 PING-PING LIU
Ø Research interests
1. Oceanic and continental mafic-ultramafic rocks;
2. Petrology and Mg, Fe and Li stable isotopic geochemistry of mafic-ultramafic rocks;
3. Magmatic ore deposits associated with mafic-ultramafic rocks;
4. Felsic volcanic rocks in subduction zones
Ø Education and working experience
2016.8 till now Postdoc at Institute of Earth Sciences, Academia Sinica
2015. 3-2016.7 Postdoc at Department of Geosciences, National Taiwan University
2015. 1 till now Postdoc at Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2014. 8-2015. 2 Research assistant in the Department of Earth Sciences, University of Hong Kong
2010. 9-2014. 7 Ph.D student of Igneous Petrology and Magmatic Ore Deposits at the University of Hong Kong
2009. 9-2010. 8 MPhil student of Economic Geology in the Institute of Geology and Geophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences
2005. 9-2009. 8 B.S. of Geology at China University of Geosciences (Beijing)
Ø Publications (First author and representative co-authored papers)
1. Liu, P.-P., Zhou, M.-F., Ren, Z.-Y., Wang, C.Y., Wang, K., 2016. Immiscible Fe- and Si-rich silicate melts in plagioclase from the Baima mafic intrusion (SW China): implications for the origin of bi-modal igneous suites in large igneous provinces. Journal of Asia Earth Sciences 127, 211-230.
2. Liu, P.-P., Zhou, M.-F., Yan, D.-P., Zhao, G.-C., Su, S.-G., Wang, X.-L., 2015. The Shangzhuang Fe-Ti oxide-bearing layered mafic intrusion, northeast of Beijing (North China): Implications for the mantle source of the giant Late Mesozoic magmatic event in the North China Craton. Lithos 231, 1-15.
3. Liu, P.-P., Zhou, M.-F., Chen, W. T., Gao, J.-F., Huang, X.-W., 2015. In-situ LA-ICP-MS trace elemental analyses of magnetite: Fe-Ti-(V) oxide-bearing mafic-ultramafic layered intrusions of the Emeishan Large Igneous Province, SW China. Ore Geology Reviews 65(4), 853-871.
4. Liu, P.-P., Zhou, M.-F., Chen, W. T., Boone, M., Cnudde, V., 2014. Using multiphase solid inclusions to constrain the origin of the Baima Fe-Ti-(V) oxide deposit, SW China. Journal of Petrology 55, 951-976.
5. Liu, P.-P., Zhou, M.-F., Luais, B., Cividini, D., Rollion-Bard, C., 2014. Disequilibrium Fe isotopic fractionation during the high-temperature magmatic differentiation of the Baima Fe-Ti oxide-bearing mafic intrusion, SW China. Earth and Planetary Science Letters 399, 21-29.
6. Liu, P.-P., Zhou, M.-F., Wang, C.Y., Xing, C.-M., Gao, J.-F., 2014. Open magma chamber processes in the formation of the Permian Baima mafic-ultramafic layered intrusion, SW China. Lithos 184: 194-208.
7. Liu, P.-P., Qin, K.Z., Su, S.G., San, J.Z., Tang, D.M., Su, B.X., Sun, H., Xiao, Q.H, 2010. Characteristics of multiphase sulfide droplets and their implications for conduit-style mineralization of Tulaergen Cu-Ni deposit, eastern Tianshan, Xinjiang. Acta Petrologica Sinica 26(2): 523-532
8. Zhou, M.-F., Chen, W.T., Wang, C.Y., Prevec, S.A., Liu, P.-P., Howarth, G.H., 2013. Two stages of immiscible liquid separation in the formation of Panzhihua-type Fe-Ti-V oxide deposits, SW China. Geoscience Frontiers 4, 481-502.
9. Su, B.X., Qin, K.Z., Sakyi, P.A., Liu, P.P., Tang, D.M., Malaviarachchi, S.P.K., Xiao,Q.H., Sun, H., Dai, Y.C., Yan, H., 2011. Geochemistry and geochronology of acidic rocks in the Beishan region, NW China: Petrogenesis and tectonic implications. Journal of Asian Earth Sciences, 41(1): 31-43.
10. Qin, K.-Z., Su, B.-X., Sakyi, P.A., Tang, D.-M., Li, X.-H., Sun, H., Xiao, Q.-H., Liu, P.-P., 2011. SIMS zircon U-Pb geochronology and Sr-Nd isotopes of Ni-Cu-Bearing Mafic-Ultramafic Intrusions in Eastern Tianshan and Beishan in correlation with flood basalts in Tarim Basin (NW China): Constraints on a ca. 280 Ma mantle plume. American Journal of Science 311, 237-260.
Ø Conference presentations
1. Oral presentation in the 2016 Goldschmidt conference held in Yokohoma, Japan
2. Oral presentation in the 14th Quadrennial IAGOD Symposium-Mineral Resources: Discovery and Utilization held in Kunming, China in 2014.8
3. Poster presentation in the 2014 Goldschmidt conference held in Sacramento, CA, USA
4. Oral presentation in the 2014 “International Workshop on Ophiolites, Mantle Processes and Related Ore Deposits”
5. Poster presentation in the 2013 Goldschmidt conference held in Florence, Italy.
6. Oral presentation in the 2012 Goldschmidt conference held in Montreal, Canada
7. Attending the 12th International Ni-Cu-(PGE) Symposium held in Guiyang, China, 2012
8. Oral presentation in the 11th International Ni-Cu-(PGE) Symposium held in Xi’an, China, 2009