Research interest (研究領域)
ü Structure, composition and evolution of the continental lithospheric mantle, and asthenosphere-lithosphere interactions (metasomatism, igneous refertilization and thermo-chemical erosion);
ü Microstructures and crystallographic preferred orientations (CPO) applied to the study of the deformation of the subcontinental mantle;
ü Distribution of trace elements in the Earth mantle and simulation of geochemical fractionation and isotopic decoupling related to magma transport and melt-rock interactions in the upper mantle;
ü Relationships between deformation –hydration-melt distribution and implications for strain localization in the subcontinental lithospheric mantle.
ü Experimental petrology and mineralogy of high-pressure and high–temperature rock deformation;
Education & Research & Work Experience (學歷, 經歷)
Post-doc as non-permanent faculty (research and teaching Assistant-ATER-):
- Sep 2014-Jun 2015 (10 month): University Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne, France. (40% to teaching, 40% to research, 20% administrative activities).
- Fab-Jun 2014 (6 month): University of Franche-Comté, France. (30% to teaching, 50% to research, 20% administrative).
- At the University Jean Monnet Saint-Etienne my research focuses on characterization of deformation mechanisms and hydration of the lithospheric mantle beneath Kaapvaal craton. Exploiting fabrics, water measurements and geochemistry, in collaboration with J. Bascou and B. Moine. We attend to explain the microstructures variation observed in Kimberley mantle xenoliths. The crystallographic preferred orientation (CPO) on olivine, pyroxenes and garnet in 8 mylonites has been measured using the SEM-EBSD facility in Geosciences Montpellier. FTIR spectrometry analyses were performed at Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans, Clermont-Ferrand (France), water content measurements have been performed during Theo Mourier L3 research training (undergraduate student L3, 3 weak research training) supervising: F. Kourim, N. Bolfan-Casanova and B.Moine.
- Similarly, the Edggeri (Hoggar) mantle xenoliths microstructure are investigated combining fabrics and geochemistry studies and in collaboration with J. Bascou (Laboratoire Magmas et Volcans Saint-Etienne) and O. Alard, J.-L. Bodinier and A. Vauchez (Geosciences Montpellier). Aim of this collaborative project is to characterize the structure, composition and evolution of the continental lithospheric mantle, and asthenosphere-lithosphere interactions beneath the Edggeri district (Hoggar), which is the subject of large scientific debates about Mantle plume.
- During my research stays at the university of Franche-Comté, I finalized my publications regarding the characterization of the lithospheric mantle of the Hoggar swell and its evolution through time.
Teaching in the Earth Sciences program;
- Structural geology (cartography, stereographic projection, geomorphology) – Bachelor’s degree (License years 1, 2 and 3)
- Igneous petrography, mineralogy, geochemistry - Bachelor’s degree (License years 1 and 2)
- Geology 3D (2D and 3D modeling using Surfer 9 and ImageJ software) - Bachelor’s degree (License year 1)
- Field rock management (Massif central, Massif de la Serre, Besançon) - Bachelor’s degree (License years 1 and 2)
- Supervision of undergraduate and graduate students' research training
Substitute representative of non-permanent staff of the Jean Monnet university, Saint Étienne.
PhD in Geochemistry-Petrography-Petrophysic at “Géosciences Montpellier”, University of Montpellier 2 –France-.
Lithospheric architecture and mantle dynamics beneath the Hoggar: message from mantle xenoliths. Major and trace element chemistry-rare earth element modeling -Microstructures and petrography of igneous petrology- Crystallographic fabric and strain repartition. Supervisor: Pr. J.L. Bodinier and Dr. O. Alard. In collaboration with A. Bendaoud, J.M. Dautria and A. Vauchez.
Magister (master degree) in Geochemistry-Petrography-Thermobarometry at University of Sciences and Technologies Houari Boumediene -USTHB, Algeria-.
Research training: University of Sciences and Technologies Houari Boumediene (USTHB), Algier, Algeria. Supervisor: Pr. K. Ouzegane. Pressure and temperature evolution of the Tirek terrane (Hoggar Algeria) during the Pan African. Petrology, mineralogy and microstructures of crustal rocks - Mineralogy- Petrogenesis of metamorphic rock and Thermobarometry estimates – Zircon U/Pb Geochronology.
Junior Geologist; Undertaken Mining Gold (ENORspa), Southern Algeria. Development of new systems in production, mapping and modeling of the mineralization, reserve evaluation, supervision of mining gold.
Engineering in Petrography-Geochemistry-Geodynamic, At the University of Sciences and Technologies Houari Boumediene -USTHB, Algeria-.
Research training: Geodynamics, Engineering Geology and Planetology Laboratory at University of Sciences and Technologies Houari Boumediene (USTHB), Algeria. Supervisor, Dr. A. Bendaoud. Paragenesis, mineralogical and P-T evolution of garnet-quartz-plagioclase and orthopyroxene pyrigarnites, and silicato calsic metabasanites from Tamanrasset, Tin Amzi and Tidjénouine, Central Hoggar, Algeria. Structural geology - Microstructures, mineral assemblages and metamorphic reactions deduced from the rocks - Pressure and Temperature changes in metamorphic rock.
FIELD trips (实地考察)
Algeria (Hoggar, Atlas Telienne and Atlas Sahrienne), France (Massif de Lherz, Massif de la Serre, and Besançon), Morocco (Rif, middle Atlas): Sampling / Carthography / structural analysis / topographic survey. (Ingéniorat, magister, PhD and post-doc as non- permanent faculty)
Kourim, F., Alard, O., Bendaoud, A., Bodinier, J-L., Dautria, J-M. and Vauchez, A. 2014: Nature and evolution of the lithospheric mantle beneath the Hoggar swell (Algeria): a record from mantle xenoliths. Journal of petrology, 55-11/2249-2280, doi:10.1093/petrology/egu056
Kourim, F., Vauchez, A., Bodinier, J-L., Alard, O. and Bendaoud, A. 2014: Neogene reworking of the Neoproterozoic lithosphere at the edge of the Ahaggar swell (Algeria): Localized deformation channelizing melt transfer and heat advection. Tectonophysic, http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.tecto.2014.11.012
Article in preparation
Matching my current project 2 Articles will be submitted before the end of the summer.
Kourim, F. Bascou, J. Alard, O, Bodinier, J-L. and Vauchez, A. (2015): Melt transfer Vs strain localisation: a key to explaining mantle textural variations beneath the Edggeri and Manzaz subcontinantal lithospheric mantle, Hoggar swell (Algeria). Current status: To be submitted to journal of petrology.
Kourim, F. Moin, B. Bascou, J. and Costin, G. (2015): The Implication of deformation, hydration and melt/fluid percolation in the mantle strain localisation: Kimberley sheared xenoliths producing mechanism (Kaapvaal craton). Current status: in preparation.
Kourim, F., Bodinier, J-L., Alard, O., Bendaoud, A., Vauchez, A. and Dautria, J-M. (2014): Nature and evolution of the lithospheric mantle beneath the Ahaggar swell (Algeria): a record from mantle xenoliths. RST, Pau, France, Vol. 24.
Kourim, F., Bodinier, J-L., Alard, O., Bendaoud, A., Vauchez, A. and Dautria, J-M. (2014): Nature and evolution of the lithospheric mantle beneath the Ahaggar swell (Algeria): a record from mantle xenoliths. Orogenic Lherzolite conference. Marrakech, Morocco, Vol. 6.
Kourim, F., Bodinier, J-L., Alard, O., Bendaoud, A., Vauchez, A. and Dautria, J-M. (2013): Nature and evolution of the lithospheric mantle beneath the Ahaggar swell (Algeria): a record from mantle xenoliths. EGU General Assembly 2013. Geophysical Research Abstracts, Vol. 15, EGU2013-371.
Kourim, F., Bodinier, J-L., Alard, O., Bendaoud, A., Vauchez, A. and Dautria, J-M. (2013): Nature and evolution of the lithospheric mantle beneath the Ahaggar swell (Algeria): a record from mantle xenoliths. Fourth Crystal2Plate Workshop, Villa Clythia ‐ Fréjus, France, 27‐31.
Kourim, F., Alard, O., Bendaoud, A., Bodinier, J-L., Dautria, J-M., Ouzegane, K., Vauchez, A. et Yahiaoui, R. (2011) : The mantle xenoliths from western Ahaggar: characterization of lithospheric mantle "Touareg" at the base and sides of a major lithospheric shear (4 ° 50). 7 colloque international 3MA, Kénitra, Maroc, pp 186.
Yahiaoui, R., Azzouni A. Dautria, J-M., Alard, O., Bodinier, J-L.,Kourim, F., (2011) : The In-Ezzane Plio-Quaternary district volcanic (Est Hoggar, Algeria): volcanology, petrology and geochemistry. 7 colloque international 3MA, Kénitra, Maroc, pp 166.
Bendaoud, A., Djemaï, S., Kourim, F., Bruguier, O., Ouzegane, K., Kienast, J-R. et Caby, R. (2011) : Mapping, P-T evolution and geochronology of Precambrian formations of Tirek (Hoggar occidental, Algérie). 7 colloque international 3MA, Kénitra, Maroc, pp 173.
Bendaoud, A., Djemai, S., Godard, G., Kourim, F., Deroin, J-P., Ouzegane, K., Kienast, J-R. (2010) : The tectono-metamorphic region Tirek-Amesmessa: Contribution of multi-scale imaging. RST, Bordeaux, France, pp. 22-23.
Boureghda, N., Bendaoud, A., Ait Djafer, S., Ouzegane, K., Kourim, F. et Kienast, JR. (2009) Calcium-silicates granulites Paleo-Proterozoic fields Laouni and Egéré-Aleksod (Hoggar, Algérie) VII JST, U.S.T.H.B, Alger, p. 49.
Kourim, F., Bendaoud, A., Ouzegane, K., Benyahia, O., Kienast, J.R. (2008): Paragénitiques, mineralogical and P-T evolution relationships of garnet-quartz-plagioclase and orthopyroxene pyrigarnites, and silicato calsiques métabasanites from Tamanrasset, Tin Amzi and Tidjénouine, Central Hoggar. VI JST, U.S.T.H.B, Alger, p 19.
Other activities (其他活動)
And … Yoga…!